Tuesday, April 24, 2012

think your school has issues? click here for a big sigh of relief... your not the only one!

I know we all have some kind of disfunction at school. We all have some kind of crazy... it is like how there is that one crazy person from your family (you know that long lost cousin you haven't spoken to in years-- some of us are lucky enough to have that person even closer to us- like immediate family!!)
Okay, so here is some kind of crazy that I am not sure anyone else can top:

Look at this picture:


or what about this one:

Can you tell what this is? It is me... a first grade teacher... preparing for TCAP- you know that end of the year test we all take (you may have a different name for it)! Actually, only grades 2-4 take this test and in some schools only 3-4 take this test. But, take a look again- that is my classroom being prepared for the test.

OK... I don't mind helping out... Giving up my room... Letting a sub take my kids into a kindergarten room and letting them learn nothing. or, uh, not very much over the next four days! Forget that part of the crazy- listen to this:

Those pictures aren't exactly of my whole, entire room. See, I am only testing one student in my room while my firsties are taken out. But, my firsties are coming back in my room after lunch and I don't want them to not have access to our classroom library or the pocket charts we use for centers so I decided to make a baricade with butcher paper that can be put up or down when testing is and isn't happening. So, now I have butcher paper hanging from my ceiling and for the next four days I will be climbing to the ceiling every day so my kids can actually do something worthwhile- and not just want movies everyday.

Is that not crazy?!? I think this is crazy and am surprised I am not going crazy! Is anyone else's testing schedule/security measures just absolutely bonkers??

In other news... isn't this adorable?
Chick-fil-a had family night tonight (yay to free kids meals) and it was a princess theme! Addie Mae got to meet "Tangled" (she can't say Rapunzel). She also met Ariel. So sweet!

I am so glad we got to have a family night after the long day of blue butcher paper at school. 
Testing starts tomorrow- so I think I will get some sleep :) Nighty night-


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That is INSANE! I thought we have had to do some crazy stuff during testing time, but I think you win! Good luck! I know the kids you are testing will do great!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely CrAzY!!! Hope your testing is over soon!!! But let's not even get into that family craziness! lol.


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete