Thursday, August 25, 2011

A bit busy...

I know the first weeks of school are always super busy for us but this year I feel like I haven't slept in forever. I am so looking forward to Friday!!! I had to get on here really quickly and share something so cute that my kids did today!
We have been working on short a this week and our reading book story was about cats. So we did a bubble map on cats and tomorrow we will do a little artsy activity but today we did the most adorable project that I had to share.
I have been meaning to read "Lissy's Friends" by Grace Lin and finally got to it today. The book is about a little girl who is new to school and makes origami friends. This is a great math, reading, and social studies book.


We talked about origami and then we actually made origami!! Believe it! I had 23 first graders folding paper (with the help of myself and my awesome assistant). It was awesome and the end result was so adorable!! I had to share before I hit the sack tonight...






I am so excited about how cute these little cats are and the kids were overjoyed when I told them I was going to hang them from the ceiling! I can't wait to see the final product. I am even more excited to be finding out that my kids can follow directions for making origami, and its only the 2nd full week of school. This is going to be a great year!!


p.s. I got the origami pattern from this website. Enjoy!

3 comments: